Sunday, April 3, 2011

Faux Mercury Glass with Looking Glass paint by Krylon

I have been watching my favorite bloggers and decided to make my own mercury glass items after coveting Pottery Barn's lamps. I love love love Pottery Barn!!!!!! I found some glass items at the thrift store and bought some Looking glass paint by Krylon with my 50% off coupons. I also found silver leaf is one of my favorite texture items to use as well. I did some glass with each of the two crafting ideas and here are the results. Vintage look and quick and easy. You spray light coats allowing it to dry in between coats (inside of glass). The mirror finish starts to appear. I also silver leafed some of the glassware and added candles to the inside. Very pretty at night lit up. Using spray adhesive on the inside of the glass, allowing it to dry for 10 minutes or so then applying the silver leaf sheets to the inside of the glass carefully creates a oh-so-unique appearance. I even did a vintage frame and I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment